The National Institute for Transportation and Communities (NITC) provides an opportunity to apply for funds to support underrepresented undergraduate and graduate students participating in transportation research. The purpose of these awards is to expose and encourage women and students of color to transportation research and job training opportunities.
The following are examples of the kinds of activities we hope to support:
- Adding underrepresented student researchers to existing NITC research projects
- Funding additional hours for existing underrepresented students
- Provide exposure to transportation professionals through work with match partners
Items which will not be supported by this initiative:
- Travel not essential to performing project tasks.
- 1:1 match is required
- Highlight student contributions in bi-annual progress report
- Funded students must submit a final 2-page memo describing the research and/or professional opportunities and the impact on their education
Principal Investigators (PIs) from Portland State University or one of NITC's partner insitutions, who have an active NITC project. PI must be in good standing with no overdue reports or requirements.
Funding is awarded on a rolling basis. Funds must be used within 12 months of the award date.
Forms and Documents for Principal Investigators
Submit your completed proposal and budget by logging into: http://ppms.trec.pdx.edu/. Select “Student Diversity Grants” grant cycle.