Annually, we fund general research through a competitive, peer-reviewed RFP process for projects ($30,000 - $150,000) consistent with our theme of:
Improving the mobility of people and goods to build strong communities.
Faculty members and research faculty eligible to serve as Principal Investigators (PIs) at Portland State University, Oregon Institute of Technology, University of Arizona, University of Oregon, University of Utah, or University of Texas at Arlington may submit proposals.
HOW TO APPLY
All proposers must first submit a proposal abstract online (http://ppms.trec.pdx.edu/). The abstract should consist of 1-2 paragraphs describing the project objectives and proposed methods. The abstract should also briefly explain how it fits the NITC theme. NITC will only accept proposals for projects for which the PI has submitted an abstract online. The abstract is used for two purposes: to make sure that the project fits the NITC theme, and to aid staff in identifying potential peer reviewers. A PI may decide for other reasons not to submit a proposal after submitting an abstract. However, a PI may not submit a proposal for which an abstract was not submitted. Abstracts are due April 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM PDT.
Project Proposals, Budgets, and Data Management Plans
Complete the proposal form and the Data Management Plan as a PDF and the budget form as an Excel spreadsheet and submit online (http://ppms.trec.pdx.edu/). Proposals are typically 10 to 12 pages long. Do not use prior year forms. All documents are due May 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM PDT. Incomplete or late proposal packages will not be considered.
CURRENT GRANT TIMELINE
- Issue RFP for NITC 16: March 2017
- Abstracts due: April 14, 2017
- Proposals due: May 15, 2017
- Peer review of proposals: May - June 2017
- Project selection, awards and task orders: July - August 2017
- Projects begin: September 1, 2017
- All progress reports due: November 30, 2017
- All progress reports due: May 30 , 2018
- All progress reports due: November 30, 2018
All awards require a 1.2:1 (120%) non-federal match (unless otherwise noted) in the form of cash or in-kind services from project partners—to include universities, transportation and other public agencies, industry, and nonprofit organizations. Learn more about this requirement.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Request for Proposals (updated March 2017)
- General Research Proposal Form (updated March 2017)
- Budget Template (updated March 2017)
- Data Management Plan - Guide & Template (NEW March 2017)
- Sample Budget Form Multi-University (updated March 2016)
- Proposal Internal Approval Form (PSU Applicants only) (updated March 2017)
- Sign in at http://ppms.trec.pdx.edu/ to submit a proposal
This NITC grant is part of the University Transportation Center program, funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation, and is a partnership between Portland State University (PSU), the Oregon Institute of Technology (Oregon Tech), University of Arizona (UA), University of Oregon (UO), University of Utah (UU), and University of Texas at Arlington (UTA).