OTREC is Hiring a Student Assistant!
The Oregon Transportation Research and Education Consortium (OTREC) at Portland State University is seeking a Student Assistant. This position supports the OTREC staff, and will be involved in a variety of tasks to ensure seamless daily functions at Portland State University. OTREC is a collaborative, multimodal, multidisciplinary, multicampus transportation center focusing on research, education, and technology transfer. Pay rate: $12.50 Hours per week: ~15 hours as soon as possible Contact: Send your resume to Hau Hagedorn (email@example.com) Responsibilities include:
- Provide first point of contact for general inquiries and handling general correspondence.
- Printing, copying, faxing, and scanning.
- Sort and file documentation in an established system.
- Assist with coordinating, scheduling and organizing receptions, workshops, outreach, promotional events and conferences including catering and travel arrangements.
- Enter data and maintain central OTREC contacts database.
- Keep office well organized and free of clutter including maintain inventory of equipment, ordering office supplies and make sure equipment is in good working order.
- Format Word, Powerpoint and Excel documents, flyers, presentations, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, annual reports, and other materials.
- Help with project file system; need hard copy files for each project.
- Help to manage file system for sample newsletters, annual reports, research reports, etc.
- Assist in getting reports printed and filed in OTREC library and project file.
- Save task orders on file and keep a log of task orders upon receipt.
- Update and maintain contact database for emails, mailings, invitations (e.g. TRB reception), publicity, etc.
- Help pull together OTREC performance measures.
- Help make report covers, convert to PDFs, and upload to the Website and Lulu.com.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the OTREC staff.
Preferred Qualifications: Enrolled as a student at Portland State University with interest in transportation research and education. The candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), flexibility, ability to mutli-task and willingness to work as part of a team. Experience with web editing, database management (Microsoft Access or other), and report editing is a plus. The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and be comfortable with e-mail, calendar programs, and web applications.