As a part of NITC’s commitment to racial equity, we will be funding faculty to develop curriculum resources that integrate racial equity into undergraduate and graduate transportation planning and engineering courses. The modules could involve components such as lecture materials, readings and other resources (e.g. videos, podcasts), case studies, data sets, assignments, and in-class exercises. The aim is to develop materials that could be pilot tested in courses during the 2021-22 academic year.
Download the Transportation and Racial Equity Curriculum Resources RFP
- Individual project requests should be no larger than $7,500 in direct costs and are intended to pay for faculty salary.
- Projects should aim to take about three to six months
- All awards require a 1:1 non-federal match of the total funding request from NITC (direct and indirect costs)
- June 15 and September 1, 2021: Proposals may be submitted for one of two deadlines. NITC will have funding available to award for each deadline.
- Project review and selection will take up to one month.
- July 1, 2021: Earliest projects can begin
Faculty members and research faculty must be from Portland State University, Oregon Institute of Technology, University of Arizona, University of Oregon, University of Texas at Arlington, or University of Utah to be eligible to serve as PIs and submit proposals.
HOW TO APPLY
Learn more about evaluation criteria, matching fund requirements, how to apply and more by downloading the RFP.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
Access the Project Proposal Forms and Budgets here.