OTREC Releases 2011-2012 Request for Proposals
OTREC is pleased to announce the posting of the 2011-2012 Request of Proposal (RFP). The total funding available under this RFP is approximately $2 million, and OTREC expects to fund as many high quality proposals as possible to support relevant work that relates to the theme, research emphasis area and supports national transportation priorities, initiatives and needs. Please note some of the changes to the 2011-2012 RFP:
- The research emphasis area for this upcoming year is data-driven decision-making such as performance measures research. This reflects the research direction locally and nationally. These priorities are not at the exclusion of other thematic research areas, but proposals submitted that directly respond to this priority area will rank higher among the diverse portfolio of proposals.
- PIs with delinquent progress or final reports and outstanding match documentation will need to submit materials by March 31, 2011 otherwise their proposals will not be considered for funding.
- A brief project description (1-2 paragraphs in length) is due February 25, 2011. This will help assist in identifying peer reviewers. The quicker topical areas can be identified, the more efficient the review process.
- Standard budget line items totaling $3700 should be included in every proposal for travel to present results after project completion, copy editing and report formatting, and peer review. Additional travel to conferences to present results from the project SHOULD NOT be included in the project budget. Only travel related to carrying out the project (e.g. travel to collect data, project meetings with sponsors, etc.) should be included.
- Please use the latest proposal and budget forms as these have been updated.
Proposals are due 5:00 pm on March 16, 2011.