Transportation & Communities 2018: Workshop Academy
September 13 - 14, 2018
Portland State University (Portland, OR)
This year we're trying something a little different. Instead of brief sessions that introduce you to a topic– we will be offering fifteen half-day workshops that focus on skill building and providing the tools to apply the latest research to practice. These will be hands-on, immersive learning experiences in a small classroom setting. Go 'back to school' for innovative transportation techniques and add new skills to your toolkit.
See the full schedule of workshops here– a sample of what we're offering:
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Focused Signal Timing Strategies (Sirisha Kothuri, Portland State University and Peter Koonce, City of Portland)
- Managed Lanes and Congestion Relief (David Ungemah, WSP)
- Data Analysis for Smarties Who Forgot What They Learned in College (Jennifer Dill, Portland State University)
- Calculating Economic Development Outcomes of Your Transit System (Arthur Chris Nelson and Robbert Hibberd, University of Arizona)
- Activating Community Opportunities Using Transportation Organizations as Assets (Ivis Garcia, University of Utah)
REGISTRATION + PRICING
Pricing is per workshop, and registration is a l carte:
- Half-Day Workshop (general admission): $95
- Half-Day Workshop (student rate): $50
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
PAST TRANSPORTATION & COMMUNITIES EVENTS (2009 - 2017)
The 9th annual Transportation and Communities took place September 11–12, 2017 at Portland State University, and was the biggest we've ever held - with more than 400 attendees over two days. You can go back to past T&C's to see a recap of all the resources (presentation recordings, slide PDFs, photos, etc.).